Special Olympics Utah would like to thank all of the Coaches for their hard work and dedication to the athletes and partners!
Coaches play a unique and indispensable role in Special Olympics around the world. Coaches provide the sports skills and spirit that define a true athlete. In addition, coaches are role models and character builders. Coaches give Special Olympics athletes the most immediate awareness of their own worth, ability, courage and capacity to grow and improve. Special Olympics coaches:
- Obtain necessary facilities and equipment for training.
- Help to recruit athletes and assistant coaches.
- Assist athletes in learning sports skills and applying them in competitions.
- Encourage confidence and self-esteem through sport.
- Conduct demonstrations or join in community leagues.
- Start Unified Sports® teams.
Special Olympics coaches often find that the personal rewards received are equal to or even outweigh the benefits they offer the athletes.
In order to become a coach for Special Olympics Utah, an individual must: