Real Salt Lake Special Olympics Utah Unified Soccer Team
Tryouts May 8th 6:00-9:00PM
Tryouts will be held on May 8th at Zion Bank Real Academy, followed by a scrimmage with the RSL SOUT Unified Soccer Alumni team on May 11th for final roster selection. Each prospective team member will also be interviewed by the RSL SOUT Unified Soccer coaching staff as apart of the selection for the 2018/2019 team.
Anyone interested in trying out for the RSL SOUT Unified Sports Soccer team must complete an application prior to participating in the tryouts. Applications must be received by Friday, April 27th
Being a part of the Real Salt Lake (RSL) Special Olympics Utah (SOUT) Unified Soccer team will allow athletes and Unified partners the opportunity to participate in an exciting soccer experience. Team members will participate in a signing day, clinics, practices, and other activities. Applicants must be between the ages of 16-24. Players must be able to commit to the team for 2 years.
Players must also:
- Attended regular practices which can be up to two practices a week. First practice will be June 11th at 6:30pm at the Zion Bank Real Academy located at 14787 Academy Parkway, Herriman. Monday practice will be apart of our regular practice schedule. There will be practices added to the schedule as we move forward in the season.
- Attend all games and scrimmages. In 2018 we will be traveling to Denver for our away game on August 24-26, 2018. Our home is scheduled for September 1, 2018
- Willing to participate in community outreach and other events in the Salt Lake area.
- Be able to travel for an away game which could include travel on a plane and being able to stay in a hotel.
- Players must be able to provide their own transportation to and from practices, games, and other events.
- Commit to a home training program and strive to achieve improved soccer skills and health.
- Work with coaching staff and other team mates to support an excellent experience.
- Represent SOUT and RSL in a positive and professional manor.
- You must come prepared to play in proper soccer equipment. This includes cleats, shin guards, water, and sports attire.
Please email any questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Coach: Jenna Holland