Special thanks to our 2019 Delegations and Athletes that participated in the 2019 Champions Campaign!
Top Teams and Individual Fundraisers were announced at the 2019 Summer Games Block Party & Opening Ceremonies held on Friday June 21, 2019.
We’re proud of our athletes and the continued advocacy they do in support of the Special Olympics Utah mission. Join us in congratulating the following and celebrate their fundraising efforts! Way to go Champions!
From April 15th through May 15th, Special Olympics Utah’s champions will work together to raise awareness and funds to support Special Olympic Utah’s valuable programs, resources and opportunities for our incredible athletes, partners and volunteers.
Through the power and joy of sports, Special Olympics Utah transforms lives. Since 1971, Special Olympics Utah has been helping people with intellectual disabilities feel welcome in their communities and develop a profound belief in themselves. Special Olympics Utah provides sports training and athletic competition to more than 2,500 children and adults with and without intellectual disabilities (athletes and partners) across the state, providing competitive events, uniforms, meals, sports equipment, practice facilities and much, much more to ensure our athletes can train and compete. These events and resources are provided free of charge to our participants and, with your help, we can reach more athletes and provide more opportunities for our athletes, partners, coaches, volunteers and fans statewide, and this is where we need you! Our Champions!
Did you know that it costs almost $250 for one athlete to participate in one sport for one season? Help us support our athletes and #PlayUnified!
Three recommended levels of support:
Gold – $50
Silver – $20
Bronze – $10
All donations collected by athletes should be turned into your Head of Delegation. New in 2019 – Online Donations are available! Donate online today!
All donations are due to Special Olympics Utah by May 25th.
How your support helps:
- $25 funds health screenings for one athlete for an entire year
- $50 provides medals and ribbons for 20 athletes
- $100 covers the cost for one athlete to bowl for eight weeks
- $250 will fund all the training and competition for one athlete in his/her sport for an entire season.
- $500 provides the curriculum and equipment to launch a Young Athletes Program for children ages 2 ½ to 7 years old in ONE location.
- $750 provides all the materials needed for a school to engage students in an anti-bullying & tolerance “Spread the Word to End the Word” Campaign to end the hurtful use of the “r-word”
- $1000 feeds 25 athletes three nutritious meals (2 lunches/1 dinner) at a state championship event
- $1500 funds one area competition. Special Olympics Utah offers 25 area-level events all across the state for athletes to compete in
- $3,000 funds two sports teams at one new Unified Champion School. Using the platform of sports and the power of youth leadership, we are improving school climate, developing strong leaders, and reducing bullying. Unified teams, like varsity teams, are an integral part of the school community and provide an important inclusive opportunity
- $7500 provides 50 athletes housing for two nights at a state championship
- $10,000 ensures that 400 athletes can compete in a state championship
With your support, Special Olympics Utah can transform lives through the joy of sport, each and every day.
Every day we empower athletes to shatter stereotypes and exceed their personal bests on the playing field and in life. But for every inspiring Special Olympics athlete in Utah there are 16 more people waiting for their chance – and so many more around the world.
Be a revolutionary. Join the #InclusionRevolution
Donations of any amount are welcome and we are thankful for the support.
Thank you for your support!