Law Enforcement Torch Run
The Torch Run has raised millions of dollars worldwide for Special Olympics. Utah Law Enforcement officers raise roughly $100,000 for Special Olympics Utah athletes annually. If you are looking for resources specific to our LETR program in Utah, please visit us here.
The Torch Run was founded by Wichita, Kansas Police Chief, Richard Lamunyon in 1981 when he saw a need to raise funds and awareness for Special Olympics. He conceived the Torch Run as a way to involve local Law Enforcement personnel with the community and Special Olympics. After three years of successful runs in Kansas, Chief Lamunyon presented the program to the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP). Since then, the Torch Run has expanded to all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and 40 countries worldwide, including the United Kingdom and Bermuda. Each year more countries are added.
Check out the Guardian Newsletter and stay abreast of all the great events happening, updates on our athletes, and the business of the Torch Run! This newsletter is brought to you by the Law Enforcement Torch Run Executive Council.
The order deadline for the 2015 Law Enforcement
Torch Run Shirts is to be determined.
Questions: Please contact Jennie Vuich at 801.363.1111 ext. 232 or at @sout.org
Current Law Enforcement Torch Run for Special Olympics information is available upon request.
- Financial policies
- Reimbursement forms
- Deposit Form
- Event Notification Form
- Event Waiver (run/walk, plane pull, train pull, dodge ball)
- Event Waiver (Polar Plunge and other water-based events)
- Credit Card Slip – Use to collect credit card information at events. Square is also available per request.
- Donation Receipts – Donations are funds donated without receipt of any good(s) and/or service(s) in return
- In-kind Donation Form – Organizations, businesses or indiviudals may provide in-kind donations (goods or services contributed at a free or reduced cost). Please note that receipts or logs (hours, etc.) are required to substantiate in-kind contributions.