Volunteering for Special Olympics Utah brings your employees, colleagues and clients together for one purpose — inspiring greatness in Special Olympics athletes. But Special Olympics Utah volunteers not only inspire the athletes, they’re also inspired by them.
Special Olympics Utah can help find ways to align your corporate goals with meaningful volunteer opportunities for your employees. Whether you help as a day-of-event volunteer or take on a longer assignment as members of the Games Management Team, we can help provide rewarding workplace engagement. We can also assist with creating employee fundraising activities, developing an athlete employment initiative or creating an employee incentive program to recognize top employee volunteers.
Ideas for a corporate volunteer experience include…
- Become a sponsor of an area competition, state games or special event. Find out more about our Corporate Sponsorships
- Recruit a team to participate as day-of-event volunteers or Fans in the Stands at competitions
- Have Company Volunteer Team wear company t-shirts at competition events
- Give an “Outstanding Volunteer/Team Award” to the employee/department that goes above and beyond in volunteer efforts
- Volunteer at a Special Olympics Utah event including area games and state games
- Put together an employee team to fund raise and jump into freezing cold water at one of our annual Polar Plunge events
- Create company-wide fundraising opportunities and provide an “award” to the employee or department that raises the most money
- Host a “kick-off event” attended by Special Olympics Utah athletes and staff to generate enthusiasm among employees
Corporate Volunteering adds value to…
Your employees, your company, your community!
- Leadership and skill development
- Networking opportunities within the company and the community
- Increased community awareness
- Personal fulfillment
- Greater employee pride and commitment
- Improved internal communication
- Enhanced corporate reputation
- Improved employee camaraderie
- New talent and ideas
- Business and organizational resources
- Unified efforts creates a sense of celebration, belonging and achievement
Donors and sponsors will be given priority in volunteer selection and placement.