2019 Snowshoe Invitational
February 2, 2019 | Soldier Hollow Nordic Center
2002 Soldier Hollow Lane, Midway, Utah 84049
Special Olympics Utah invites athletes who love the outdoors, even when it is cold, to participate in the 2019 Snowshoe Invitational!
Supported by our friends at the Soldier Hollow Nordic Center in Midway, UT – the 2019 return to snowshoeing will be one of fun, skill, and competition at one of Utah’s 2002 Winter Olympic venues!
Competition Events Offered:
- 10m Assisted Walk
- 10m Walk
- 25m Walk
- 25m Run
- 50m Walk
- 50m Run
- 100m Walk
- 100m Run
- 4x50m Unified Sports® Shuttle Relay Exhibition
- 4x100m Unified Sports Shuttle Relay Exhibition
This is not a state competition and is for participation only. There will not be any area events held for this sport.
Athletes can participate in either walk or run events. Not a combination of both.
- We are asking all athletes bring a water bottle to this competition. There will be water for them to refill their water bottle to stay hydrated. This is an effort to cut down on waste and become more GREEN!
Registration for Snowshoe Invitational is due January 20, 2019.
2019 Snowshoe Information Guide – coming soon
Questions concerning registration contact Wendy Kelly at email@example.com
How to Participate in the Snowshoe Invitational:
The Snowshoe Invitational is an excellent opportunity for you or someone you know with an intellectual disability get started with sports, competition and Special Olympics Utah.
Here are five easy steps to get started with Special Olympics Utah
- Review and complete the required Athlete Participation Forms. These can be found by visiting the Be an Athlete page. These must be completed before you can participate.
- Once your forms are completed and turned in – you, your coach, or your parent/guardian can REGISTER you for the event!
Two: Email the Regional Sports Manager for your county area.
- Your Regional Area Manager will help you through the registration process and get you connected with a team. Please see the sidebar for their contact information.
Three: Get snowshoes and start using them!
- See information on equipment below.
Four: By January 20, 2019
- Connect with your Regional Sports Manager before January 20 to register your athlete for the Snowshoe Invitational. Once registered, the required medical form is due to your Area Manager by January 20. The medical form MUST be provided by this date to compete.
Five: Be there!
- Saturday, February 2, 2019, 11:00 am • Snowshoe Invitational @ Soldier Hollow Nordic Center in Midway, UT
To participate, complete the following registration forms by the following the link provided:
Competition Snowshoe Equipment:
Snowshoes:The snowshoe frame must be a minimum of 7 inches wide and 20 inches long at the longest and widest points of the snowshoes. When purchasing make sure appropriate for size and weight.
Toe and Traction claws: Factory installed toe and heel traction claws are acceptable, but the attachment of any additional “spikes” is not permitted.
Webbing and Binding: The snowshoe can be webbing or solid decking material. The foot must be secured with a binding system mounted on the snowshoe.
Footwear: Footwear may include, but is not limited to running shoes, hiking boots or snow boots. All competitors are required to wear footwear.
Clothes: Be prepared for any weather. Gloves are greatly recommended to protect the hands during competition. Dress in layers because you can get hot moving!
Need more information about equipment? Contact Nathan Badell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for a fun day of activity, sport, and friendly competition while enjoying the beauty of the Soldier Hollow Nordic Center!
Volunteers will be onsite to support our AMAZING Utah Snowshoeing Athletes and Unified Partners before, during and after the event through Event Setup, Registration and Event Teardown. Your support as a volunteer is vital to the success of these Games.
REGISTER TODAY! Spend your weekend being a leader in the #InclusionRevolution!
If you have large groups that would like to volunteer, please contact Wendy Kelly at email@example.com!