2019 SNOWSHOE INVITATIONAL
Congratulations to our athletes, unified partners, HOD’s and coaches for an outstanding day of winter sport and competition! Way to rock the house!
We are grateful to our volunteer leadership team, day of event volunteers, venue hosts, and staff for their time and assistance in executing a stellar event – we could not do it without you!
And finally – a shout out of heartfelt appreciation to our generous anonymous donor for making this possible. The sheer joy and excitement on the athletes faces as they competed, and in a world class Olympic venue no less, priceless! Our hearts our full!
Check out the 2019 Snowshoe Invitational Photo Album!
Till next year! Snowshoe on!
Feb 2, 2019 – Soldier Hollow Nordic Center Photo credits: Greg Green and Marissa Green.
All photos are property of Special Olympics Utah – permission for use of photos is required.
Made possible by:
February 2, 2019 | Soldier Hollow Nordic Center
2002 Soldier Hollow Lane, Midway, Utah 84049
Special Olympics Utah invites athletes who love the outdoors, even when it is cold, to participate in the 2019 Snowshoe Invitational!
Supported by our friends at the Soldier Hollow Nordic Center in Midway, UT – the 2019 return to snowshoeing will be one of fun, skill, and competition at one of Utah’s 2002 Winter Olympic venues! This 2019 event will also be a qualifier for the 2021 World Winter Games in Sweden!
Competition Events Offered:
- 10m Assisted Walk
- 10m Walk
- 25m Walk
- 25m Run
- 50m Walk
- 50m Run
- 100m Walk
- 100m Run
- 200m Run
- 400m Run
- 600m Run
- 800m Run
- 1600m Run
- 4x50m Unified Sports® Shuttle Relay Exhibition
- 4x100m Unified Sports Shuttle Relay Exhibition
This is not a state competition and is for participation only. There will not be any area events held for this sport. If you are interested in being considered for the 2021 World Winter Games, please see below or email Nathan at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Athletes can participate in either walk or run events. Not a combination of both.
- We are asking all athletes bring a water bottle to this competition. There will be water for them to refill their water bottle to stay hydrated. This is an effort to cut down on waste and become more GREEN!
- Event Day Timeline (all times approx and may change without notice):
- 11:00 AM – Delegation Check in Begins
- 11:15 AM – Coaches Meeting
- 11:30 AM – Welcome/Thank Yous/Athlete & Coaches Oath
- 12:00 Noon – Competition Starts
- APPROXIMATELY 2:30 PM – Awards – ALL AWARDS WILL TAKE PLACE AFTER ALL HEATS ARE COMPLETE
- 3:30 – 3:45 PM – Event Ends
Registration for Snowshoe Invitational is due January 20, 2019.
Delegation & Coaches Resources
Questions concerning registration contact Nathan Badell at email@example.com
How to Participate in the Snowshoe Invitational:
The Snowshoe Invitational is an excellent opportunity for you or someone you know with an intellectual disability get started with sports, competition and Special Olympics Utah.
Here are five easy steps to get started with Special Olympics Utah
- Review and complete the required Athlete Participation Forms. These can be found by visiting the Be an Athlete page. These must be completed before you can participate.
- Once your forms are completed and turned in – you, your coach, or your parent/guardian can REGISTER you for the event!
Two: Email the Regional Sports Manager for your county area.
- Your Regional Area Manager will help you through the registration process and get you connected with a team. Please see the sidebar for their contact information.
Three: Get snowshoes and start using them!
- See information on equipment below.
Four: By January 20, 2019
- Connect with your Regional Sports Manager before January 20 to register your athlete for the Snowshoe Invitational. Once registered, the required medical form is due to your Area Manager by January 20. The medical form MUST be provided by this date to compete.
Five: Be there!
- Saturday, February 2, 2019, 11:00 am • Snowshoe Invitational @ Soldier Hollow Nordic Center in Midway, UT
To participate, complete the following registration forms by the following the link provided:
Competition Snowshoe Equipment:
Snowshoes:The snowshoe frame must be a minimum of 7 inches wide and 20 inches long at the longest and widest points of the snowshoes. When purchasing make sure appropriate for size and weight.
Toe and Traction claws: Factory installed toe and heel traction claws are acceptable, but the attachment of any additional “spikes” is not permitted.
Webbing and Binding: The snowshoe can be webbing or solid decking material. The foot must be secured with a binding system mounted on the snowshoe.
Footwear: Footwear may include, but is not limited to running shoes, hiking boots or snow boots. All competitors are required to wear footwear.
Clothes: Be prepared for any weather. Gloves are greatly recommended to protect the hands during competition. Dress in layers because you can get hot moving!
Need more information about equipment? Contact Nathan Badell at firstname.lastname@example.org
Join us for a fun day of activity, sport, and friendly competition while enjoying the beauty of the Soldier Hollow Nordic Center!
Volunteers will be onsite to support our AMAZING Utah Snowshoeing Athletes and Unified Partners before, during and after the event through Event Setup, Registration and Event Teardown. Your support as a volunteer is vital to the success of these Games.
REGISTER TODAY! Spend your weekend being a leader in the #InclusionRevolution!
If you have large groups that would like to volunteer, please contact Wendy Kelly at email@example.com!