Participate with Special Olympics Utah
Developing skills, building self-esteem and having fun, all while participating in year-round sports training and competition is the life of a Special Olympics Utah athlete. Whatever their skill level, with eight sports to choose from, plus the Motor Activities Training Program (MATP), Special Olympics Utah has something for every person with an intellectual disability.
Special Olympics Utah conducts three state-level competitions that are open to all delegations throughout the year, with area competitions leading up to both. The State Basketball Tournament, Summer State Games, and Fall Sports Classic seasons allow athletes (and partners) from around the state the opportunity to compete against others, challenging their abilities and creating lasting friendships.
How to Become an Athlete or Unified Partner
If someone you know is interested in becoming an athlete, please email email@example.com or call 801-363-1111. In order for an individual to become an athlete for Special Olympics Utah, they must complete the following forms:
In order to become a Unified Partner, please visit the Become a Unified Partner page and fill out the application, background waiver (if over 18) and concussion policy form.
Please call us at 801-363-1111 and we will help you get involved. We look forward to hearing from you.
2019 SPORTS AND COMPETITION SCHEDULE
Soldier Hollow Nordic Center | February 2, 2019 11am to 2pm
Competitions will be held in:
- 10m walk & walk assisted
- 25m walk & run
- 50m walk & run
- 100m walk & run
- 4×50 Unified Shuttle Relay Exhibition
- 4×100 Unified Shuttle Relay Exhibition
Registration is open! All forms are due by January 18, 2019!
University of Utah | March 15 & 16, 2019
- 3v3 basketball
- 5v5 Traditional and Unified Sports Basketball
- Basketball Skills Level I and Level II
Registration will open in January 2019
- Track & Field – Mountain View HS | Orem, UT
- Softball & Softball Skills/T-Ball | Orem Rec Center & Windsor Park
- Swim | Provo Rec Center (Saturday Only)
- MATP | All venues
- Healthy Athletes | Mountain View HS |Orem, UT
- Summer Games Block Party & LETR Final Leg | The Orchard @ University Place
Area Competitions will take place April-May. Area competition schedules are determined by Sports Team. This is a state event and some sports require participation in area events to move onto Summer State Games (Swim and Athletics)
Registration & Area Games Dates can be found here
Bowling Invitational | August 2019
Multiple locations statewide
All events will be Baker System format
- Singles – Singles, Singles Developmental, Singles Ramp Unassisted or Assisted
- Doubles – Traditional and Unified
- Teams – Traditional and Unified
- No area competition. This is not a state event.
Registration will open in early Spring 2019
2019 Fall Sports Classic
Salt Lake County (Rose Park area) | October 18 & 19, 2019
- Bocce | Northwest Middle School
- Golf | Rose Park Golf Course
- Soccer | Regional Athletic Complex
- MAPT & Skills | All Venues
- Healthy Athletes | Northwest Middle School
- Opening Ceremonies & Victory Dance (Friday evening) | Northwest Middle School
Area Competitions will take place late August through September. Area competition schedules are determined by the Sports Team and will be announced in July. This is a state event and some sports require participation in area events to move onto Fall Sports Classic State (Bocce)